ALGO is the native crypto of the Algorand Blockchain.
Algorand is a new-gen blockchain that is bridging the decentralized and centralized world of finance.
Algorand Standard Assets run on the blockchain's "Layer-1" and include fungible, non-fungible, restricted fungible, and restricted non-fungible assets.
Here's what we like the best about Algorand Standard Assets:
- Role-based asset controls are supported for business, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
- Asset accounts can be "quarantined" for investigations.
- "Forced" asset transfers can be done for legal compliance.
- Permissions can be configured so that only "whitelisted" addresses can transact.
- Off-chain asset documentation can be included in the on-chain asset definition.
- Users can "opt-in" to accept new assets.
Another feature we like in Algorand is "Rekeying in Layer-1", which enables a user to change their private key without changing the public address.
Algorand's Official Wallet enables holders to earn rewards simply by holding ALGOs.